This 20hr workshop will introduce students to the core concepts and applications of David Emerson's highly regarded intervention for Complex Trauma - Trauma Centre, Trauma Sensitive Yoga
Please follow this link to read reviews of the 20Hr Workshop.
This workshop is limited to 24 students. It may be more suited to those who prefer learning in smaller groups.
- Relational Psychology & Interpersonal Neurobiology:
- Relational Safety - Attachment, Attunement and Reciprocity of Social Engagement Behaviours
- Sympathetic & Parasympathetic Homeostasis, the Stress Response, Polyvagal Theory
- The Emergence of 'Self' - Intersubjectivity and Intrasubjectivity
- Abuse and Neglect - the Destruction of 'Self'
- Choice Making & Agency
- Relational Trauma:
- Role of Interoception, Self, Choice Making & Agency
- The Spectrum of Relational Trauma Symptoms
- Complex PTSD
- Developmental Trauma
- Dissociative Disorders
- PTSD & Complex PTSD:
- Understanding the difference
- Implications for treatment
- The Spectrum of Trauma Treatments
- Trauma Centre, Trauma Sensitive Yoga:
- Establishing Relational Safety
- Interoception, Choice, Agency
- Teaching Practice
- Responsible, Accountable and Ethical Practice:
- Scope of Practice for Yoga Teachers and Clinicians
- Trauma Treatment Vs Trauma Informed Vs Trauma Sensitive
- Responsible Marketing - Managing Expectations
- Adapting a General Yoga Class
- How to Introduce a Short, Low Dose TCTSY Session into one's Clinical Practice
- Building relationships with therapists, clinicians & referral agencies
This workshop will be delivered using a number of teaching mediums:
- Seminar style with accompanying slides and handouts
- Case histories & lived experience
- Teaching examples
- Clinical examples
- Small and large group brainstorming/discussion
- Teaching Practice
- Q & A sessions
Accreditation & Professional Development:
- Accredited by The Trauma Centre, Brookline, Massachusetts (letter of completion)
- Delivered by The Training Faculty, The Trauma Centre: Alexandra Cat (The Yoga Clinic, UK)
- This workshop satisfies the entrance requirements for applicants to The Trauma Centre's certification program in TCTSY
- This workshop satisfies the membership requirements for the TCTSY Clinician Consultation Group (for clinicians, only)
Non-Clinical Yoga Teachers:
- This workshop does not qualify non-clinical yoga teachers to offer trauma services, including TCTSY.
- This workshop is intended to help non-clinical yoga teachers create a more trauma informed yoga class.
Please click through to read about Jamyang Buddhist Centre.
Note: Jamyang is home to a Buddhist cat, is a smoke free space and is fully wheelchair accessible.
Friday will run from 18:00 - 20:30
Saturday & Sunday will run 10:00 - 17:30pm.
Students will be booking for the whole 2.5 days.
There are 3 booking options.
- Subsidised Bookings - £50
- UK Bookings - £300
- International Bookings - £310*
*International students are asked to pay an extra £10 to cover a currency processing fee.
Four subsidised places of £50 per person are available. Subsidised bookings must be paid for via a sterling (£) account
These places are for people who:
- would not otherwise be able to afford to attend the workshop
- have a lived experience of relational trauma
- are interested in further training with The Trauma Centre's yoga program (limited bursaries & scholarships are available via the TCTSY program)
Applications must be submitted by November 30th 2017 and will offered on a first come, first served basis.
Successful applicants will be notified of their offer by December 31st 2017, latest
PLEASE NOTE: we are operating a waiting list for subsidised places
Payment plans for UK & subsidised places will be available. Because each installment will incur an international processing fee, we do not offer a payment plan for non-sterling (£) accounts.
This program is solely for professional development and is not intended as an intervention for those who have experienced trauma. Talking about trauma, even in the context of a professional training, may be triggering.