Privacy & Cookies Policy
what is this policy for?
The Yoga Clinic (UK) offers:
- trauma informed therapeutic services
- education, training, consultancy & supervision services
In order to provide these services this website & Alexandra Cat collect data from you. This policy explains:
- what data is collected
- why this data is collected
- how this data is stored
- your rights in relation to this data
If you want to ask a question or make a complaint please be in touch with me here.
You can also reach out to the Information Commissioner’s Office - the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues
what data do i hold?
Information You Have Shared:
Information about your life as part of an intake or assessment process for therapeutic services:
- 1-1 trauma informed yoga services - please see here for details on the information asked, confidentiality & consent processes
- trauma informed yoga group/classes - please see here for details on the information asked, confidentiality & consent processes
If you have scheduled to have a chat about my services, completed an enquiry form, subscribed to The Yoga Clinic (UK) newsletter or applied to participate in an educational program you will have shared your contact details & in some cases your profession & your areas of interest.
If you have applied for a bursary towards educational/training program you will have shared your self-definition as a member of the LGBTQI &/or BME communities
Information I May Generate:
- As part of your listing on The Yoga Clinic (UK) Register - a record of which Yoga Clinic (UK) educational program(s) you have attended, contact details & the geographical area you offer trauma informed yoga services
- A record of therapeutic sessions with dates, brief information on what was covered, concerns about risk & any tools offered
- Working audio notes to facilitate my thinking (anonymised)
- Communications to other health professionals
- A shared (with you & anyone else you choose) Google Drive folder of any notes/images used during therapeutic sessions
- Supervision & Peer Reflection Notes (anonymised)
- Invoices & payment plans
why i collect this data & for how long
- A record of the therapeutic work I do with you is to help me remember & review our work
- Working audio notes are not a record of therapeutic work but a way for me to reflect, review & try to improve my working practice with a client
- I am required to be in regular peer reflection and supervision, where I discuss my work (anonymised). I may make notes (anonymised) from these sessions
- Where you have shared your contact details as an enquiry or to schedule a chat, these details will only be used to make contact with you in relation to your enquiry or to schedule our chat
- You will only be invited to identify yourself as a member of the LGBTQI &/or BME communities as part of an application for an educational bursary place. Details on who has been awarded a bursary place will be kept indefinitely to ensure that I can demonstrate these places have been offered equitably & according to their criteria.
- I am required to keep a record of my therapeutic work for 7yrs after work has ended.
- Subscriptions to The Yoga Clinic (UK) newsletter will be kept indefinitely or until an individual unsubscribes
- All other details on an individual will only be kept for as long as necessary to satisfy the individual's contract with me &/or deleted upon request &/or deleted after 7 years.
newsletters & email lists
You can subscribe to The Yoga Clinic (UK) newsletter here. This newsletter is distributed by Mailchimp. There is an option to unsubscribe or update preferences at the base of all my Mailchimp newsletters.
If you wish to be deleted from my Email Contacts, please email me directly & place UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line. This means you will no longer receive any email communications from me but does not mean that you have been unsubscribed from my newsletter.
where i store & secure your data
I make use of Google Suite and iCloud services. These services are password protected & encrypted. You can read about how Google protects data stored on its cloud services here and how iCloud protects its stored data here.
My accounts are accessed via password protected mobile devices including a laptop, tablet & mobile phone. Mobile phone numbers for clients are held locally on my mobile phone. No other identifying information is held locally on any of my mobile devices or external hard drives.
Security on the internet
Although this website uses SSL protection (when you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear next to the web address) I cannot guarantee that the data will be 100% secure when it is transmitted. As a result I cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to me through enquiry forms, registration forms, or email enquiries, and you do so at your own risk. Once I receive your information, I make every effort to ensure its security on my own systems - see the section above.
your right to your data
Cookies & Google Analytics
The following Google Analytics cookies are placed on your device: _ga, _gat and _gid and you can read more about these cookies here.
By accepting the Cookie Notification message, you consent to the use of such cookies from Squarespace and Google Analytics. If you choose not to accept the Cookie Notification message, or if you subsequently delete or block cookies, you won't have access to certain features that make your experience more efficient and certain parts of this website may not function properly.