SOLD OUT. Please make a booking to be added to the waiting list, or else join us in February '17.
This 20hr workshop will introduce students to the core concepts and applications of David Emerson's highly regarded intervention for Complex Trauma - Trauma Centre, Trauma Sensitive Yoga
Limited Numbers - 20 students only
- History and Development of Trauma Diagnostic Frameworks
- Neurophysiology of Stress and Trauma
- Interpersonal Neurobiology:
- Attachment, Attunement and Reciprocity - the Emergence of 'Self'
- Abuse and Neglect - the Destruction of 'Self'
- The Spectrum of Trauma Symptoms:
- Emotional, Intellectual, Physical and Social
- Interoception, Choice, Agency and Relational Safety, Pt 1
- The Spectrum of Trauma Treatments - 3 Phase Trauma Treatment:
- Safety & Stabilization
- Processing Traumatic Memories
- Consolidation, Integration & Reconnection
- Trauma Centre, Trauma Sensitive Yoga:
- Interoception, Choice, Agency and Relational Safety, Pt 2
- Teaching Practice
- Responsible, Accountable and Ethical Practice:
- Scope of Practice for Yoga Teachers and Clinicians
- Trauma Treatment Vs Trauma Informed Vs Trauma Sensitive
- Responsible Marketing - Managing Expectations
- Adapting a General Yoga Class
- How to Introduce a Short, Low Dose TCTSY Session into one's Clinical Practice
This workshop will be delivered using a number of teaching mediums:
- Seminar style with accompanying slides and handouts
- Case histories & lived experience
- Teaching examples
- Clinical examples
- Small and large group brainstorming/discussion
- Teaching Practice
- Q & A sessions
Accreditation & Professional Development:
- Accredited by The Trauma Centre, Brookline, Massachusetts (letter of completion)
- Delivered by The Training Faculty, The Trauma Centre: Alexandra Cat (The Yoga Clinic, UK) & Krystyna Kowalski (Yoga Care, DK)
- This workshop satisfies the entrance requirements for applicants to The Trauma Centre's certification program in TCTSY
- This workshop satisfies the membership requirements for the TCTSY Clinician Consultation Group (for clinicians, only)
Non-Clinical Yoga Teachers:
- This workshop does not qualify non-clinical yoga teachers to offer trauma services, including TCTSY.
- This workshop is intended to help non-clinical yoga teachers create a more trauma informed yoga class.
Please click thorough to read about Jamyang Buddhist Centre.
Note: Jamyang is home to a Buddhist cat, is a smoke free space and is fully wheelchair accessible.
Required & Recommended Reading
Please follow this link to the reading page.
Friday will run from 18:00 - 20:30
Saturday & Sunday will run 9:30 - 18:30pm.
Students will be booking for the whole 2.5 days.
There are 2 booking options.
- UK Bookings - £280
- International Bookings - £290*
*International students are asked to pay an extra £10 to cover a currency processing fee.
Please Note: this workshop is now sold out. However we are still taking bookings for the waiting list.
Sometimes people are unable to take up their place & we would advise interested participants to make a booking.
This program is solely for professional development and is not intended as an intervention for those who have experienced trauma. Talking about trauma, even in the context of a professional training, may be triggering.